This has been the hardest post for me so far. It is definitely a step out of my comfort zone to comment on other blogs, especially when I don't know the person.
So far in my blog, I have written as if I am the only person who is going to be reading it again in the future. I have never thought of including questions for others to answer, and I have not written open-ended posts that invite others to comment. The article that I feel was easy to read and had the most useful information was the 10 Techniques to Get More Comments. The information is good to read as a blogger and also to keep in mind when commenting on other blogs.
I have forced myself to branch out, and comment on some other blogs, but have noticed that I have kept to blogs that discuss books. I have commented on books that I have read, usually agreeing with the blogger or a previous comment.
As far as leaving a comment that is in disagreement, I don't see myself leaving one like that. If I read a blog I don't agree with, I just choose not to read that blog again in the future.
I do think that teachers and students who are using blogs in their classrooms need to be aware and follow the etiquette of leaving comments. After reading the Facebook pages of my students, we would need to have a lesson on the types of comments that are appropriate to leave.
This thing is stretching me a bit - but I am thankful.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm having trouble posting things about myself too. I dont' really know what to share, of whose business it is. I'm totally comfortable with the educational things, just not too much with the personal ones.
ReplyDeleteI think we have the same taste in mysteries. They are great for the beach and for relaxation iin general
ReplyDeleteyou are stretching...but it is a good stretch I bet you are finding!
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging for a long time, and the way I look at my blog is that it is my newspaper. I don't post anything on it that I don't want complete strangers to read. This makes it a little less intimate, but that is the way I've decided to go.
ReplyDeleteIt IS hard to post on strangers' blogs, and to post disagreements, but when done respectfully it can foster new relationships.
Good luck to you! Nice blog template!
I agree! I am stepping way out of my comfort zone commenting on others that I have never met or will never know! Weird to me. I have kept up with your site because I love your template and your name actually caught my interest. Why Pink?
ReplyDeleteYou took the words right out my month! When I first read what the discovery activities were I thought, "This is going to be the hardest one yet!" I too feel a little uncomfortable posting things about myself and to post disagreements. I guess another way to look at it is to think of it as a challenge that I am going to conquer.
ReplyDeleteThis is very difficult for me too!!! I have to say "PINK" caught my attention. I love pink too!
ReplyDeleteI also find it uncomfortable to comment on other people's blogs...for that matter, I find it somewhat uncomfortable to write my own blog! ha!ha! I guess that with practice and patience, it'll become as familiar and comfortable as texting is for me now.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with what you said, it is hard to comment, specially being a newbie as I am. I'm relieved I'm not the only that thinks that! I also never thought that people were actually reading what I wrote, and it made me a little bit self-conscious, but I guess it's good just to be yourself and be true to what you post.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!