Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #22

I have been on a couple of websites this summer and noticed Nings - but had absolutely no idea what they were, or what their purpose was.

Two Nings that I found that I spent quite a bit of time going through were set up for fans of Sarah Dessen and James Patterson. It is fun to see what others are saying about their books! It was also interesting to see the difference in the Nings as most of Sarah Dessen's fans were younger so it had more of a Facebook feel, whereas James Patterson's fans seemed older and a bit more thoughtful in their posting.

I do think that this could be a useful application in the classroom, as most of my students have a Facebook account anyway. If we have a Ning that all of my students are a part of, would they use it for only school related topics, studying for tests or quizzes or would they also communicate with each other on topics that aren't school related?

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I hadn't thought about using Nings for the students to communicate with each other. They would love that, and think you are the coolest teacher ever.

    ReplyDelete