Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing #11

I really enjoyed The Library Thing website. I have tons of books, and not enough shelves in my house to keep them all out. So while they are packed away in boxes, I can have my virtual shelves here on my blog, and now see my books every time I log in. It was very easy to set up an account, and adding books was very quick and easy also. Adding the widget took a bit of time for me to figure out, but now that I have done it, I could do it again much quicker.

I spent some time looking through the groups, and was surprised at how many groups there were for setting goals of how many books to read during 2009. I keep track of what I read each month, but setting a goal of 50, 75 or even 100 books during the year really inspired me! I am contemplating joining the 50 Books in 2009 group.

I can't wait to add all of my books, only added about 40 so far.

4 comments:

  1. Thing 11 - Wow you are going strong. Keep up the good work.
    Be sure to comment on blogs you like.
    I'm using Shelfari myself .. like The Library Thing.
    Hope you are learning a lot - we can compare notes next year at MMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pinkie,
    Geez - I knew you immediately. I'm glad you are enjoying your 23 things & The Library Thing. I use Shelfari - same thing.
    Don't forget to comment on blogs.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be fun to set a goal for myself, and also for my students and teachers. I am doing Battle of the Books at both of my campuses this year. The Library Thing might make my life a bit easier if I can leave discussions/comments for my kids at both campuses to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really read alot of books! I love James Patterson! It is fun to see what books other people read! The digital inventory is also very useful.

    ReplyDelete