Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing #8 (11.5 Things)

Well, I like the idea of screencasting, however.... I hate hearing my own voice. As part of the T3 grant, I can see that as a benefit in explaining to my students how to do different tasks using iMovie and Garage Band. The other use I can see for screencasting, would be to explain to teacher how to use different features in ACTIVinspire. Screencasts could be stored on a campus wide server for teachers to use throughout the year as refreshers after their trainings.

Here is my screencast - I recorded creating a new flipchart, adding text to a title page, and creating a new page. I chose to add music to the screencast (from Garage Band) instead of speaking.





This will be on the top of my favorite things list!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed watching your screencast. I wasn't exactly sure about the whole thing and how it works, but I can see getting my advanced students to make some of these for basic computer lessons. Thanks for the short video. I don't like to hear myself either.

    ReplyDelete