Monday, June 14, 2010

Thing #2 (11.5 Things)


Image Generators were one of my favorite things last year, so I was excited to start this thing.

I chose the Wordsift for the first part, since I have done Wordle last year. I like that the words can be linked, so if I made a Wordsift, my students could click on the word. This would be great to use on a wiki that my students and I were using together.

















For the second part I chose Glogster. When I first got to the website, I was pretty excited, this looked neat! However, I was frustrated quite a bit using the website. I had to make my glog 3 times, because it wouldn't save. The concept of making the glogs was exciting - the end product looks very nice, and I would like to see my students turn in a project that looked like the samples. Most of my students would be able to make a glog after about 5 minutes of instructions, because it was not difficult - as long as everything saves correctly. Below is the link to my glog that I made about our student council this year.


For the third part, I chose Animoto. I have used animotos before in my fliphcarts. I found pictures that were copy-right free, of nebulas (which personally I think are the best universe picture), and put them into a 30-sec animoto. I have chosen not to pay for the longer videos - I think I would pay for that, if I had children and had pictures of them.

I enjoyed looking through the archives at bookr. This would be a great resource in my classroom for timelines. Instead of making a poster, students could make the timeline in chronological order using bookr. Students would be limited to the amount of text, which is great in a timeline, and can still include pictures.

I liked this think, but it did involve quite a bit of time. I feel like wordsift will be the one I try next year in my classroom!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't use wordshift, but wordle instead. I thought your wordshift was great. I think both are grat activities for students to use next year. Which one would you use first with your class?
    Wordle seemd a bit easier to use to me

    ReplyDelete